Notice to OCRA Members
OCRA 16th General Meeting
Wednesday June 29, 2022
Georgian College, Barrie Campus
Details to follow via mail and email
The Ontario Colleges Retirees’ Association (OCRA) is a provincially incorporated, not-for-profit association that advocates for retirees of the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology (CAAT) and other organizations whose pensions are managed by the CAAT Pension Plan. The Association is administered by volunteer members.
The CAAT Pension Plan was originally established in 1967 to provide pension benefits to retirees of the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology. Since then, however, it has grown to include other non-college organizations based in Ontario and other provinces.
OCRA’s mission is to develop and present common positions on behalf of its members regarding:
- The CAAT Pension Plan
- Health and dental benefits provided by CAAT Retiree Group Insurance Benefit Plans to Ontario College retirees
- Travel and medical insurance provided by Johnson Insurance to Ontario College retirees
- Government policies that may affect pension and health benefits
On behalf of its members OCRA:
- Builds relationships with CAAT Pension Plan management and its associated sponsors in order to have members’ concerns and questions heard. The sponsors include the:
- College Employer Council (CEC)
- Ontario College Administrators Network (OCASA)
- Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU)
- Reviews and reports on news from organizations that serve the interests of OCRA members such as Colleges Ontario and the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA).
- Advocates for members on issues of concern about health and dental benefits as well as group insurance through the CAAT Retirees Group Insurance Advisory Committee (CRGIAC).
- Communicates with members via newsletters and the OCRA website regarding events and activities associated with the above-mentioned organizations and other matters of interest to its members.
- Supports Ontario College retiree associations/clubs by sharing information resources.
- Establishes and maintains liaisons with various boards and agencies that benefit OCRA members.
- Provides opportunities for members to connect with former work colleagues and senior members of the CAAT Pension Plan at OCRA’s General Meeting.
Your pension and benefits are an important part of your financial well-being. OCRA provides oversight of the organizations who are responsible for providing these valuable benefits to CAAT retirees.
Please consider joining OCRA. If you are already a member, please encourage your retired or soon-to-be retired co-workers to join.